I saw this idea in one of the comments on Free From Broke. So I tried it. The problem: what to do with gift cards when their balance is gone (other than trash them?) Solution: make them into guitar picks.
You will need:
1. Trace your guitar pick with the sharpie onto the gift card.
2. Cut out the gift card guitar pick with the scissors.
3. Line up the “real” guitar pick with the gift card guitar pick. Using the nail file, file away any excess.
4. Use the nail file to smooth any uneven or square edges.
5. Rinse the new pick off, getting rid of any remaining sharpie lines.
6. Rock out.
|For some reason blogger won’t let me
upload this picture facing the right way….
Now daddy can rock out while being reminded he’s got some responsibilities. Not that he forgets. He’s wonderful, actually. I just think a pick with a bottle is cute. Mommy stopped rocking out a while ago. She realized that she no longer has the discipline to attain the needed skills to be anywhere near cool.
*This is a Frugal Tuesday Tip*
*DIY Friday at Minting Nickels*