Pinterest, cooking with what I have in my cabinet, and a little bit of flexibility have been my kitchen and pocketbook’s best friends lately. Finding new recipes and finding I have most of the ingredients to make them is amazing. Here’s the latest:
|My picture, but here’s the original pin.|
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- frozen chicken tenderloins (original was thawed breasts. Thawed is easier to work with but will cook differently.)
- 1/2 jar tomato sauce (I had a roasted garlic variety in my cabinet)
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 t powdered garlic (equivalent to 2 cloves of garlic)
- 1 T plus 1/2 t Italian Herb and Seasoning (the stuff you buy in a little container at the store)
- 2T oil
- 4 oz parmesan cheese
- 1/2 package of garlic croutons (The original called for 1 whole package; I just used a smaller pan)
- hot red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In an 8×8 casserole dish, pour oil, garlic, and hot red pepper flakes. Mix in the dish, spreading to evenly cover the bottom.
- Lay chicken so it entirely covers the bottom of the dish.
- Pour sauce evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle all of the Italian Seasoning over the sauce.
- Sprinkle 2 oz mozzarella evenly over sauce. Sprinkle 2 oz parmesan evenly over mozzarella.
- Spread croutons over the cheese. Evenly.
- Repeat step four with remaining cheese.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 45 minutes. For the last fifteen minutes, remove tin foil. So you’re cooking for 1 hour total, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Allow to set for 5-10 minutes, eat, and enjoy!
Verdict: This is amazing. We’ll be working it into our regular rotation.