This culinary creation came into being to avoid food waste. We had one extra beer and a cake mix in the cupboard. So why not?
Blue Moon Cupcakes
- Yellow or White Cake Mix
- Oil/Butter and Eggs according to mix instructions
- 1 Bottle Blue Moon
- A bit of Orange Juice
- 1 can frosting
- red and yellow food dye
- Preheat oven according to boxed instructions
- Prepare cupcakes according to box instructions EXCEPT instead of using water, replace 3/4 of the water with blue moon and 1/4 of the water with orange juice.
- Put batter into cupcake tin and bake according to instructions.
- While the cupcakes are baking, use an equal amount red and yellow food dye to turn the frosting orange.
- Remove cupcakes from oven when done. Allow to cool before frosting.
The original recipe was a bit different, and the frosting was more of a frothy one that was made using egg whites. It may taste better, but I was not comfortable using raw egg whites.