How are these frugal? The main ingredients were on MegaSale around Memorial Day. I imagine it will be the same story around the fourth of July!
|Sorry about the crappy cell phone pic.
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c graham cracker crumbs (She advised about 7 whole crackers, and it was spot on) For those of you that need to bake without gluten, here is a great gluten-free graham cracker product.
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 super size chocolate bars (like Hershey’s 5 oz. I’d recommend buying exactly what the recipe advises. I used a pack of those normal ones and just broke them to fit…the super size ones she recommends supposedly fits exactly. When they’re broken up it gets hard to spread the fluff on top of them.)
- 1 1/2 c marshmallow fluff (not regular marshmallows!)
Prep: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8in baking pan
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Then mix in vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing at a low speed until they are combined.
- Divide the dough in half, pressing one half evenly across the bottom of your pan.
- Put your chocolate in an even layer on top of the first layer of dough.
- Spread the marshmallow fluff as evenly as you can on top of the chocolate.
- DO THIS EXACTLY. It was hard enough when I was following the directions. I can only imagine how hard it is if you don’t: Put the remaining dough in a gallon ziploc bag. Spread evenly into a square large enough to fit over all of the marshmallow fluff while it’s inside the bag. Then, cut open all sides of the bag, peeling the top layer of plastic off. Flip it onto the fluff, dough side down, then remove the top layer of plastic. Now you have your top layer of dough in place.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top layer is lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.