Tomorrow will mark four years for this blog. It’s crazy to think about where we were when I started writing and where we are now. It’s crazy to think about all the amazing connections I would have missed with all of you had I not hit that “Publish” button with trepidation four years ago. I’m so glad I did.
Year four was a good one around these parts. It had its ups and downs. But those downs make the ups so much better, and life that much more interesting. So here’s to a good, interesting year. And some of its highlights:
- At the end of last summer, I handed off Financially Savvy Saturdays to Mel at brokeGIRLrich. She’s doing a phenomenal job running it. If you blog about any aspect of money, check it out this Saturday (or any Saturday, really.) It’s a great way to digitally network, discover new blogs, and get your work seen.
- Ironically enough, after this post you all encouraged me to find out my children’s family history once and for all. So I did. And then you all got curious about your own. (Seriously, read Sheila’s story in the comments. It’s fascinating.)
- I got to go on an odyssey for the first time in a long while.
- We buckled down and started taking action towards one of our long-term goals: buying a house. We’ve actually made some progress, too.
- I got massively overwhelmed and hammered out this post, which ended up being a reader favorite. Apparently I’m not the only one who gets overwhelmed from time to time.
- I delved deeper into freelance writing, which was awesome financially but led to some scheduling problems with the husband. We had many healthy…debates over it. So I asked you to weigh in. And found out I was in the wrong. Your recommendations led to a more peaceful home life. Thank you for that!
And thank you for so much more. For reading. For sharing. For lending advice. And for being generally awesome. As always, if there’s something you want to see on Femme Frugality, let me know. Leave me a comment. Shoot me an email. Those are some of the posts I love writing the most, and there’s a great community here ready to help me answer questions with different points of view.
As a small token of my gratitude, I wanted to give you all a chance to win something you really seem to love, if past giveaways are any indication: a $75 USD Target gift card. It’s open to anyone who has an email address, worldwide. Teaming up with me are some of my amazing blogger friends; be sure to check them out and follow them everywhere!
The Barefoot Minimalist, Aspiring Millionaire, Budget and the Bees, The Thrifty Issue, My Stay at Home Adventures, The Mom of the Year, Cloudy, with a Chance of Wine, brokeGIRLrich, Shoeaholic No More, Budget and the Beach
It’s open for the next two weeks, so there’s lot of opportunity to win! Best of luck to all who enter!