The world of finance was once an impenetrable male-dominated field. However, things are starting to change and there are many more job opportunities for women. The financial industry has a lot of great jobs to offer to women who are looking for the perfect career path.
What Types of Jobs Are There?
The financial world is quite large and there are plenty of opportunities for everyone when it comes to finding a career. If you take the time to find the right job that’s a perfect fit for you then you can make good money and have a decent life for you and your family. There is no end to what you can do if you put your mind to it, and the list of jobs is fairly long:
- Asset Manager – Process that involves maintaining a client’s assets.
- Mortgage Officer – Sometimes called a loan officer, this job’s objective is to recommend individual and business loan applications for approval.
- Investment Advisor Representative – Manages and recommends to securities to clients.
- Money Manager – Someone who is responsible for managing securities portfolio.
- Investment Advisor – Someone that will help and advise you on what you should or should not invest your money in.
- Financial Planner – Someone who helps companies and individuals plan and meet their long-term financial goals.
These are just a few of the jobs available in finance. A majority of these jobs have always been dominated by males, but as the years progress and things slowly start to change, more opportunities are opening up for women to take on these jobs and climb the ladder of success.
Obstacles for Women in Finance
As long as there are more people willing to take the steps to move forward, women will be able to take huge strides in the financial world and could make it to top executive status. That’s not to say it will be an easy journey; sexism is still more than present in the world of finances. But if women continue pursuing these lucrative job opportunities and fighting the good fight, we can work to battle internalized cultural stereotypes.
If more companies take the responsibility to make sure women know about career opportunities and let them know that there will be plenty of chances to advance in this field regardless of their gender, then the financial world will start seeing a lot of great minds working to make everyone’s lives far better than they have been in the past.
This post is brought to you and contributed by Abby Locker.