Last minute Father’s Day Craft! Make dad a dress shirt; the homemade tie is a bit more appropriate for the daddy in our house as he wouldn’t have too many occasions to wear a real one.
- white paper or cardstock
- colored construction paper or cardstock (2 sheets)
- a pen
- Draw or trace a tie onto the white paper. Cut it out. Cut one piece of construction paper into quarters. Set aside two of the quarters for sleeves. Cut two small, right triangles out of one of the other quarters.
- Have the kids decorate the tie! Coloring with crayons, painting with fingerpaint or watercolors, use stickers…let them get creative.
- Glue the decorated tie to the top of the whole piece of construction paper. I let mine pick the color of the “shirts.” Glue the “sleeves” to the sides, and the two right triangles to the top (on the back) so that they form a “v” shape for the collar.
- Write your father’s day message on the back!
Happy Father’s day, daddies!